We Offer a Free Dental Implant Consultation
Dr. Michael Patch is available to answer your questions and explain your options. Call and make an appointment today.
Losing one or more teeth can affect how you speak, smile, chew food, and look. A missing tooth when not replaced can cause other teeth to drift out of position, changing your bite. If you’ve lost a tooth you may be all too aware of how it has affected your appearance and dental health. Don’t let missing teeth negatively affect your quality of life. Dr. Michael Patch has years of experience replacing teeth and restoring smiles of his patients. One option he may suggest, depending on your needs, is dental implants. Many patients choose dental implants to replace one tooth, several teeth, or to support a full set of dentures.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Implants are small posts that are placed into the upper or lower jaw bones in order to support one or more replacement teeth. They anchor new replacement teeth so that they look and feel like your own natural teeth. The posts are made of strong, lightweight metals, such as titanium, that your bone will grow around. Patients prefer dental implants because of how stable and secure they are. Our patients are pleased with how naturally implanted teeth improve their smile and overall dental health.
Patients who are in good physical health are great candidates for dental implants. Also, a patient must have enough bone to support the implant. Bone grafts are also an option to help build up the bone to sustain an implant.
Dental Implant Timeline
There are many different kinds of dental implants, so treatment time may range from one day to several months. Dr. Michael Patch will outline a treatment plan specifically for your situation. The treatment plan will generally follow these phases:
- Evaluation. First a 3-D image of your jawbone will be taken. Dr. Michael Patch will evaluate how much bone support you have.
- Implant Placement. Dr. Michael Patch will use a surgical guide made custom for you based off of the 3-D scan. This gives an exact trajectory when placing the implant.
- Healing. Implants are strong because the jaw bone grows to the implant and secures it in place. This healing process requires some time. The length of time will vary by patient and by how many teeth are being replaced.
- Replacement tooth or teeth (prosthesis) added. Dr. Michael Patch will have a custom-made crown, bridge or denture produced to fit your mouth and cover your implant(s). The restoration is attached to the small implant posts.
- Dental implant complete. Your smile is complete again and your dental health restored.
• Most similar to a natural tooth
• Nearby teeth are not involved in the procedure
• Restores chewing function
• Gives you confidence to smile
• Placement may require more dental visits than other options
Other tooth replacement options:
• Fixed bridges
• Removable partial dentures
Call today to schedule a free consultation. Dr. Michael Patch will suggest the tooth replacement option that best suits your needs.